While from an ascetics standpoint this recipe is far from a prize winner however what it lacks in looks it more than makes up for in flavour and convenience.
- half a leek, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Sausages, skinned and crumbled
- 70 Grams, Macaroni
- 150 Grams Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, add the oil and fry the leeks for 5 minutes until softened slightly then add the crumble sausage and cook for a further 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the sausage is cooking bring a saucepan of salted boiling water to the boil, after the sausages have been cooking for 10 minutes add the macaroni to the water and cook for 5 minutes.
- While the macaroni is cooking add the cream cheese the the sausage and leek, and reduce to a medium, low heat stirring regularly while the cheese melts. After the macaroni has been cooking for 5 minutes drain and add to the melted cheese and stir through until it is coated. Then remove from the heat transfer to a bowl and serve.